Wednesday 6 April 2011

Model Railway News

I had some news in yesterday from Dave Burrows about the Model Railway Show that he is organising to take place at Kirkby Stephen East on Saturday June 4th. It follows on from last year's similar event and Dave tells me that this time there will be at least six layouts on show. These include 'Sabden Glen' (00), 'Great Western Terminus' (N), 'Mellor Shed' (00), 'Hazel Dell Holt' (N) and 'Upton Snodsbury' (N). Also on display - and operating if time allows - will be an '0' gauge Great Western layout 'Changford' built by the late Terry Gwinnett and gifted to the Stainmore Railway Company by his widow Kate.

Personally I am hoping that Mark Keefe & Co. have time to get 'Changford' working before the show! I have spent part of the winter building two NER '0' gauge kits myself, but whether I will have time to get them painted and running before June only time will tell.

Dave confirms that there will be at least two trade stands on the day too, catering for a wide variety of modeller's requirements.

If there are further updates I will post the details here. The event will be from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Admission will be £2 per adult, £1 for children. Look forward to seeing you on the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment