Tuesday 21 June 2011

Classic Car Rally looms ...

I had some details yesterday from Phil Thompson about this year's Classic Car Rally. If it isn't in your diary yet it is going to be held at Kirkby Stephen East the Sunday after next - The 3rd of July. Admission is £2. Don't miss it!

Scanning down the list it looks as if Phil has had quite a lot of entries this year - so far 28 confirmed in total. There are four classes - 'pre-1930', '1930 to 1960', '1960 to 1990' and 'after 1990'. He calculates that there is space in the main car park for 40 cars so we should be OK BUT if you are one of the people who expressed interest but haven't got back to him so far to confirm PLEASE let him know this week to make sure we have sufficient space.

Years ago my dream used to be to own a Citroen DS14 - I loved those 'Maigret' programmes where the Paris cops use to hang onto the running boards shouting "That way patron!". But I'm afraid the only vaguely 'classic car' I ever owned was a pea green 15 year old clapped out Vauxhall HA series that had long been used by the driving instructor up in Kirkwall in the Orkney Islands. It cost me £40 and it wasn't a good buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment